Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trend Alert: Pastel Colors

According to Vogue's Guide online, “The neon colors that we saw all over the runways and streets last year have mellowed out. This spring, brighter turns lighter in a pale, fresh and feminine palette.”

Pastel colors are one of my favorite trends for this Spring! 
I just love how effortlessly feminine they are! 

These are some outfits I put together with some pastel pieces in my wardrobe!




That being said, it can be easy to go from flirty and feminine to looking like an
overly-iced cupcake 
(which is not cute on anyone over the age of 5) 
so I wanted to share a few quick tips on how to avoid that... 


1.  Pastel colors can be intimidating so one simple way to add them into your wardrobe is through accessories like the bangles or sandals above. Accessories like this can add that final touch to a white t-shirt and jeans and really take the outfit to another level. 

2. Try to avoid wearing pastel colors with harsh BLACK which can sometimes make an outfit look choppy or disjointed. Instead, try to opt for shades of grey or ivory which will make for a much more subtle look. 

3. Don't wear all your pastel colors at once. This is the best way to avoid Easter-Egg syndrome! If you do want to wear two pastels together, make sure it is through the use of accessories. For example, a lavender blouse, pale pink skirt and pale pink jewelry could easily look sickly sweet while that same lavender blouse and pale pink jewelry, could look great with a grey skirt instead. 

4. The most important tip I can give you is have fun with it! This is a trend that can fit into every one's wardrobe one way or another so don't be afraid to take a little risk, even if that means going for that mint green nail polish next time you get your nails done, instead of reaching for your usual hot pink

Dylan and Leah love the pastel trend too!

   I hope you guys find these tips useful! What do you think of the pastel trend? 
If you like it, what's your favorite way to wear it?
We love to hear from you guys! 

Be sure to follow our blog, and link up to our Beautify It Monday link party going on now!

Don't forget to like us on Facebook

Pin It
We can be found linking at these great parties!

13 comments:

  1. Great tips! I’m loving all of the pretty pastels right now. I especially like the sandals that you shared above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually avoid pastels for just that reason! It's so easy to go too far. But your tips are so helpful. I may try some out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pastels but must admit I crossed the line once or twice. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! I love these kind of colors much more than last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pastels and thanks for the tips. ^_^

    Love Print

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pastels but find they don't work so well on me and my super pale skin. I have been eyeing off a pastel pink dress though so maybe I should give it a try :) xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all about pastels! Obsessed with mint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for spring colors. Thanks for sharing on Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, stopping by from Debbie Doos newbie party. Pretty outfits you featured. I love pastels esp. gray and pink :) Hope you stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is very informative. It is very interesting and i have enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing your ideas. I'm happy i found what i am searching for. buy provigil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips! I hadn't thought about using gray instead of black to go with pastels -- what you said makes so much sense. Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post. I love grey and pale pink together too. Thanks for sharing this week on BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...