Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3-Teir Basket Storage - Beautified


If you've been following my Makeup Corner Make Over then you've already seen 
my chevron vanity and my vanity stool reveal.  
The final step to complete this project is my 3 tier basket storage. 







 When I started it was serving it's job as an organizer for all of my hair and makeup products - But as far a looks go it was failing terribly!











I sanded down the whole frame and gave it two light coats of white paint.


Next I went to work on the baskets.  My original plan was to sew liners for the inside of the baskets.  After 45 minutes of fiddling with Matt's moms ancient sewing machine (I'm pretty sure it originally belonged to her grandmother) I realized that sewing is not a skill that I've mastered.  

Instead I decided to break out the handy glue gun and just wrap the fabric around the baskets.




I think this looks better then basket liners would have - 
This way you get to see more of the fabric!


I picked up this cool metal rack at Home Goods for $12.  
It turned out to be the perfect home for my nail polishes!



 The Final Product
Makeup Corner

Thanks for following my makeup corner makeover! 

Please comment below and 
don't forget to follow us!

-Alison

We're thinking this to these parties!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love the way the fabric looks around the baskets -- what a great idea! I would love for you to link up to our party http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/2012/03/pinteresting-link-party-week-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job. I love the fabric on the outside. Oh I want a nook like this in our room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spartz India

    I am a makeup artist and was looking for pure Olive Oil without any additives and got my hands on this one from ASBAH.

    We are proud to be the research/marketing consultants and contract manufacturers for a few of the most renowned brands across the globe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...