Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fabric Knots Dog Toy

Now that the weather is warming up and the snow is finally melting Huck can play outside again! I decided to celebrate by making him a bright new toy to toss around out back.



All you need for this is a variety of scrap fabric -
 I used 12 different kinds but you can use whatever you have


Start off by cutting the different fabric into strips about 1 - 2 inches wide.  I left the fabric long enough to tie the knots but we'll trim it up later

Start by crossing two strips into a + shape.  Tie the lower fabric into a knot around the upper fabric. 
Next, add another piece a fabric and attach by tying a knot using the fabric directly below it.


Continue doing this until your fabric rope is as long and you want it. 

Now we can trim up all of the strips so their about 2 inches long.


Now get outside and play!


 I hope that your dog likes this as much as mine does!!

We love to hear what you guys think so please comment below!

Have a great day!
 
(Don't forget to follow us)

We're linking up with these great blogs!
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Great idea! What breed is your dog? Mine is a beagle/yellow lab mix, we believe (he's a rescue)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Huck is a Pomeranian/ Pekingese mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and such a little cutie playing with the finished product! I’d love it if you would consider linking with Busy Monday (open Monday through Thursdays) at A Pinch of Joy, a linky party for ideas that make life better, easier and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite - We definitely will link up!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea...however, my little guys would probably destroy this cute toy within minutes. I will give it a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I can't wait to make one for my little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have three dogs and have plenty of fabric....this will help cut down on expenses....Thanks so much for this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to try this for my puppy. What a great way to use up fabric scraps. Your doggie is so cute.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Cocoa would love this! And I always have spare fabric laying around. Thanks for sharing @ Manic Monday.
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea and frugal -- pinned! Thanks for linking on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! Hope to see you again soon – the links are open!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, my little ones will love this so much! I would love if you would link to my new linky party- Scout's Sweet Sundays- http://xstitchandcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/03/scouts-sweet-sundays-features-and-linky.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...