Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jungle Baby Shower: PART I


I’m in the process of helping my Aunt plan a baby shower for my cousin’s wife, and being that I’m in LOVE with party planning, I was ROARING WITH EXCITEMENT when presented with the task!

My cousin is expecting a baby boy, so I immediately thought of throwing a JUNGLE themed shower (because let’s just face it, there’s just nothing cuter than baby boys and jungle animals!)

I hit the jackpot when I found these adorable invites online at TINY PRINTS:



I love the style of this invite! It's adorable, yet sophisticated, which is super important because although this is a baby shower, it's also a party for the mom-to-be, and her style should be reflected in the theme as well. Being that this invite does just that, I decided to use it as the inspiration for the rest of the decor.

I created the Roaring with Excitement stickers on my computer and printed them out on sticker paper. I also designed the baby book insert to match.

So now that the invites are in the mail, I started working on some decorations! 


All you need to create this look is some scrapbook paper, ribbon, a glue gun, and letters.  I used wooded letters because I thought it would create a nice look, but stickers or paper letter would work fine as well.


Simply cut out a square (or whatever shape you want to use) for each letter that you need.  It’s important to leave a tab on the top of each square so you can easily glue it to the ribbon later.



Once you have completed each letter, simply use your glue gun to attach each letter to the ribbon.  Fold the tab over the ribbon and glue both sides to create a stronger hold.


Be sure to Follow Us so you don't miss out on more great decoration ideas for your Jungle Party, starting with Tuesday's post on how to make these adorable hanging Pom Poms using cupcake wrappers!

I'll also be posting the entire shower as a party post some time in April!  I hope you're as excited as I am!!!

Come back tomorrow for our first ever Beautify It Monday Link Party!!
We're linking here!
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. it is going to be a fun shower!!! you guys are doing a great job decorating!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and LOVE this Jungle themed baby shower!! I found you from the Linky Party from thirtyhandmadedays. I added your Monday link up button to my Linky Parties page. Come visit my blog anytime!!! Have a blessed week
    http://fireplacedecorating.blogspot.com/p/linky-parties.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post! new follower!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat little banner and I'm loving your invites:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all the details of this party. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the banner!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your project at Jillify It!

    I hope you will come back again next Tuesday to share more of your creations!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe. Such a cute theme for a shower and out of the ordinary. Love that. :D Thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your banner is so sweet. I love that you used satin ribbon. It gives it a finished look. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one adorable banner and the invites are SO sweet! Now I can't get that song out of my head!

    Thanks for sharing with us!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jungle theme is also better and mostly it suits if a mother's expecting a boy.winnie the pooh theme

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...