Saturday, March 10, 2012

50's Spring-spiration

My hubby and I wanted to grab a bite to eat last night and ended up at one of our favorite spots- a 1950s inspired dinner called Raymonds

In the middle of enjoying my blue cheese tomato soup (a special I just had to try!), I started to feel inspired. Maybe it was the super cute 50s decor mixed with the classic and casual smiling servers, or the fact that the NYC weather report is hitting temps in the 60s this week, but I am feeling ready for Spring- 50s style.


I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can to eat outside on their picnic inspired red outdoor tables. 

These are the amazing hexagon mosaic floor tiles... I LOVE.


I started to think of what I had in my closet to pull out for warmer weather, and of course
I got the shopping bug.


After dinner, we skipped dessert and headed a few doors down to urban outfitters. I was especially loving all the black and white, mixed with pops of red at Raymonds, so that was on my mind when we hit the store.
I started play around with cute vintage inspired outfits, and just had to share my favorite.


I can't wait to wear this when SPRING ARRIVES!

Polka Dot Crop T Shirt $24
High Waisted Denim Sailor Shorts $49 (aka my new obsession!)
Floral Sunglasses $14

Total Outfit = $87


I went for the whole outfit, but sometimes the fastest, cheapest, and most fun way to update your look is with accessories...

Here is a close up of those amazing sunglasses!

Reds, Pinks and Oranges are amazing with black and white,
as we saw at Raymonds earlier...

These flats from Urban come in tons of fun colors and are only $34.
Obviously a must for Spring!



If you can't hit Urban today, a quick trip to the drug store can give you your Spring fix!

Check out these two brand new Essie colors that can brighten your look in less than 10 minutes, for less than $10!!

Ole Calente - and - Orange, It's Obvious
I hope you enjoy, and get a little "spring-spiration" yourself!!

Xxo
-Ashley

P.S. We want to hear whats on your shopping list for SPRING!! 

Come check out our favorite link parties! Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Brillient outfit! Loving those spring colours (even though I am just getting into Autumn here). I totally get what you mean with the 50's stuff though. Bliss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I absolutely love those fun flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable outfit. Thanks for sharing @ Manic Monday.
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sunglasses! You blog is so grate! I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you came and followed me to @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Thanks,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! Love how you used the restaurant for inspiration! Thanks for linking on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! Hope to see you again soon – the links are open!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute outfit! I just love those polka dots.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...