Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cupcake Wrapper Pom Poms

We're so excited that we've been having such a great turn out for our Beautify It Monday link party! If you haven't linked up yet be sure to check it out! We'll be highlighting some of our favorite posts on Saturday so don't miss your chance to be featured!

Creating hanging pom poms to match your event is an easy and affordable way to add to your party decor. 



All you need for this craft is:
Cupcake wrappers (about 150 for 1 pom pom)
A Styrofoam ball (I used one with a 10 in diameter)
A Glue gun and plenty of glue sticks
And a ribbon or string for hanging

Directions:
1.  Start out by taking one cupcake wrapper and wrapping it around your finger to create a rounded base for your glue. If you are using a patterned wrapper turn it inside out so that the pattern is on the inside.  You will see it better this way.


The pattern should be on the inside (not pictured here). I didn't realize the importance of this until after I took this picture.  This is one of the many benefits of getting craft ideas from bloggers. We get to iron out the kinks for you :)

2.  Next, simply glue each wrapper (one at a time) to your Styrofoam ball until you achieve the look you want.



3.  Glue your ribbon on and place a few cupcake wrappers over the ribbon to enforce the hold.

You can play around with the tightness of the wrappers and the pattern to create a unique design that's perfect for your event.  


I used about 150 cupcake wrappers for this pom pom to achieve a very full look


I made this one a little loser by using 100 wrappers and spreading them further apart
 

 And for my last pom pom I used even less wrappers and I combined green and yellow for a variation in color. 


Let us know what you think by commenting below!

We're linking at these great blog parties!
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And I love that you can match it to a theme. I may just have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute! I've seen this idea in person at a shop and they REALLY look great! Wonderful for a party or just to decorate a girls room! A great easy project!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute idea!! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute! I just bought the fabric to make these for my daughter's room. Cupcake wrappers are very "partyish". Thanks for sharing on HAndmade Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I've used crepe paper but not cupcake liners. That looks so much easier. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featuring you next week on Handmade Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great decoration!!!! :) THis would be great for a spring party.

    I would love for you to share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party. There are also TWO amazing giveaways this week!

    http://www.dottedlinecrafts.com/2012/03/flaunt-it-friday.html

    Looking forward to more posts,
    Sarah@
    www.dottedlinecrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! All the coffee filter projects are neat but the addition of colour and pattern really brings these to life.

    All the best,

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!! I love the colors that you chose. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ways these came out! I have to keep this in mind when I see cupcake wrappers on clearance. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really cute! I may have to try them for my little one's birthday this year! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute!! Stopping by to let you guys know I am featuring you all today! Stop by and grab a button!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...