Friday, February 10, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?


Isn't this the perfect gift for the "little" Valentines in your life!  I saw this on Pintrest and had to give it a try.  This is even something that the kids can help you with (if your not afraid of a little mess!) 




I used pink and white marshamallows and these adorable Valentines sprinkles which were on sale of JoAnn Fabrics for 50% off!




I also bought the stickers, owl bags, ribbon and lollipop sticks at JoAnn's. 

If your going to make the marshmallow pop you'll need to poke a small hole in the marshmallow with a knife which eliminates the risk of smushing when you insert the lollipop sticks.  Putting the marshmallows in the freezer for about 5 minutes will help keep the sticks in place and it also makes the chocolate dry faster.  If your not using the sticks you can skip this part.

Melt the white chocolate in the microwave according the directions on the packet.  Generally you should stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning. 

Now start dipping and decorating!

(make sure you get the excess chocolate off or else your topping with slide right off!)

The easiest way to dry the pops is by putting them in a glass cup that won't tip over.. the marshmallows without the sticks can dry right on some wax paper. 

Now you can wrap them up anyway you like! I used these cute owl boxes for the stick-less marshmallows and I wrapped the pops in cellophane tied with a ribbon.

 
 I think my nieces are going to love these! 
even though my sister may not appreciate the sugar high :)

Happy Valentines Day!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...