Friday, April 6, 2012

Wooden Spring Sign

The winner of the $50 Amazon gift card will be announced tomorrow! 
There's still time to enter so don't miss out! 


Our front door was looking a little drab and it needed something to brighten it up.  I went to the craft store thinking that I would make some kind of wreath, but then I founds these wooden letters and had a different idea!


I cut squares of scrap paper to cover each letter.  I glued the letters to the paper, then used my X-acto knife to cut around the letters.  I sealed the paper on top using modge podge. 


Next I connected each letter using chain and my glue gun.


I added a pretty flower to the top and made a loop with a piece of string to use for hanging.


Here's a closer look at the letters -


Normally I would worry about this getting ruined being outside - but we have a glass storm door so it will be protected from the elements


Do you guys like this alternative to a wreath?


We love to hear what you have to say so please comment below!

We're linking at these great parties!

 Pin It

6 comments:

  1. this is so cute! i love how you used the chain to link them. perfectly bright and cheery! thanks for linking up. :)
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful alternative to a wreath...I like the "springy" colors you used. I'm a new follower and would love for you to follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute and quick idea.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the flower at the top!

    Thanks for sharing at Simply Klassic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I pinned this too ...

    ... you are four very crafty sisters!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...