Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Berry Waffles!

Before I get into the recipe I want to say 

Thank You 

for featuring my Rolling Pin Apron Rack 
as their favorites this week! 

This is my first time being featured and I'm really excited!! Woo Hoo!!


Now on to our waffles...


Tell me that this doesn't look delicious! I mean, isn't your mouth watering already?

And the best part is you can make these in under 20 minutes! 

I found this simple waffle recipe here


Dry Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon 

Wet Ingredients
2 eggs
 1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.  Once their mixed well you can combine them in one bowl and whisk together completely. 


Now it's time to make the waffles! Once your waffle iron is preheated spray the top and bottom with nonstick spray.  Use a ladle to fill the waffle iron and close until your waffle is 
browned the way you like it!


On the side -
In a small sauce pan mix together 2 tablespoons butter, 
1/2 cup syrup and 1 cup frozen mixed berries.


Cook until the butter is completely melted and the syrup thickens slightly
(How good does this look!)



Once your waffles and syrup are done the real fun part starts! 


Pour the warm berry syrup over your waffle and top with whipped cream and cinnamon! 




As you can see these were a hit in my house!! 

I hope you'll subscribe and comment!

Happy Wednesday!!

P.S I'm linking this recipe over here!!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Waffle! The Berry season is coming soon and this will be a great recipe to try. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! Love us some waffles and the added berries look amazing! thank you for sharing at Uncommon! Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...